Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Loving Sephora


There's nothing like losing your hair to make you want to accentuate what you have left.  My spending at Sephora has seen a significant uptick since I went bald.  I'm currently lemming this lipstick in "Caress Pink."  I've only heard descriptions of it on MakeupAlley, but I want it.  Should lipstick really cost $34?  Would it look that glamorous in my bag with old Kleenex and gum wrappers?  Questions for another day...


I went to a Look Good, Feel Better event a couple weeks ago, which was a disappointment.  The event was supposed to last two hours, but the person running it was 45 minutes late, and the rest of the time spent was mainly going over basic makeup application.  I shouldn't complain too much about getting free goodies, but making a special trip post-chemo took a lot of energy that I didn't have.  There were a couple nice items in the goody bag, but also things like a rancid MAC lip gloss.  I did meet a woman there who'd just finished reconstruction, and she let me take a look in the ladies room after the class.  I'm sure whoever else was in there thought there was something hinky going on, but it was really nice to be able to see the results in-person, instead of just photos online.

No comments:

Post a Comment