Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Hair Post

Big changes hairwise.

First there was the blond:
halloween group

Good for a Halloween costume as Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby.

Then I went brown:
Brown

Which was fun for a few days until my next chemo treatment:
IMG_0543
(Mmm, cream soda ice chips) when I noticed it falling out.

I didn't want to wait for patchy bits, so Ken helped me buzz it off, with a mohawk in between:
IMG_0544
and a special message:
IMG_0545

I've got several hats/scarves from www.softhats.com. In fact, I've got the one they currently have up on their home page. They're really soft and easy to sleep in. I was surprised how cold my head gets without the hair!

Several women on the breast cancer forums have mentioned this, but if you've got cancer, http://www.franceluxe.com/ is an amazing website. They give away, completely free, a scarf to a cancer patient. I ordered this one:

Isn't it cute? It should be here in about four weeks. If you're interested, e-mail laurie@franceluxe.com. It sounded too good to be true, but I hear from several ladies on the boards that they've received one and that they're absolutely gorgeous.

Anyway, it the first day after my second treatment, and I'm feeling a lot better this time around. I don't know if it's that the procedure was less overwhelming the first time around or what. But being able to read an entire chapter of a book and type coherently are great, and I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment