Friday, October 23, 2009

First day of chemo


IMG_0507
Originally uploaded by meredithk02

Here's the first day of chemo. We got there about 11 am (I got a late appointment so I could sleep in), went through some explanations, saline, steroids, anti-nausea drugs, and then the adriamycin and cytoxan. We finally left around 2ish.

Of course, a little shopping therapy...I got this bed jacket in emerald http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31009992, so I could have something soft and comfy that would still give access to the port.

My little side-eye is due to the ickiness of the ice chips. I shouldn't complain, because they do have them there for you free, but they tasted pretty industrial, and when everything is going to tasty metallic and or slimy, fresh mountain spring ice chips would be better.

The red stuff going in there is the adriamycin (red kool-aid). It makes you pee orangey-red for a few days. Charming, right?

I'm awfully glad I had the port put in, even if it was a little sore. Compared to my sad arm bruises after the tests last week, a little soreness from the port is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment